Friday, September 19, 2008

God’s Word is living substance

The Bible is alive it speaks to me; it has feet it runs after me; it has hands, it lays hold on me.” Martin Luther

As I was studying Psalm 119, I realized how little emphasis I have been putting on the Word. Looking at my daily events, I give the Word about 30 minutes to 1 hour a day. However, after reading or listening to the Word, I go about my business until something comes up. That is when I remember to meditate or recall the Word. Yet David tells us that every moment of life the Word of God should be in and on our hearts, on our mouths and in our actions. Psalm 119:11 tells us that if God’s word is carved or hidden in our hearts, we will be more able to resist the temptations of the devil and consquently the selfish demands.
Hebrew 4:"For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."

When we learn to think, speak, pray in line with God’s Word, we release the ability of God to work in our lives. Our lives are thus governed by God’s spiritual laws which are more powerful than the laws of nature that rule this world. Our lives are thus led and directed by the Holy Spirit who enables us fulfill both spiritual and natural laws and enjoy divine living.
We are so blessed to have the Spirit of the living God dwelling in us and revealing to us every detail and secret of Jesus and the written Word of God.

No comments: