Sunday, September 7, 2008

Listening to the small voice

My main goal in life has become learning to listen and follow the Holy Spirit but to my disappointment I failed flat yesterday!
As I was throwing my final load of laundry in the washing machine I heard a small voice saying: “Those new towels will run.” I disregarded the warning and went ahead with what I was doing. I loaded the machine with all the towels, old and new. Though I usually separate the colors this time I reasoned; ‘they never run anyway!’ I threw in a few other things of no significance and started the machine. I went about doing other things and came back to put the laundry in the dryer. To my horror, everything was the same color or should I say no color? Apart from the new towels all the others were just a dirty unbecoming color.
Trying to get the colors out cost me time, money and frustration. I knew it was my fault. I was warned but I did not listen. And what made it worse was the fact that I have been learning to listen to and obey the Holy Spirit. He speaks in various ways; sometimes He speaks through our spirit.

No comments: