Thursday, October 9, 2008

What an honor to be in His presence!

We are invited to the throne of El-Elyon, the Highest Sovereign of the heavens and the earth. How exciting!
This morning as I worshipped my Father, I was overwhelmed by the privilege He has given us, inviting us to His throne. We can turn to Him any time and if we are wise, we can be in His presence all the time.
I started recalling the many times I have tried to speak to somebody in authority; head teacher, pastor, employer, or any other person of authority. Many times I failed to get the appointment and the few times I managed, their time was very limited.

I am sure you have seen people trying to talk to celebrities. Can you imagine the time they spend in cues waiting for an autograph? They pay for the book after which they spend more time waiting for the signature of a mere man. But when it comes to our loving Father, we have no time.

What would be your response to a personal invitation to dinner in the White House, or Birmingham Palace? I remember after the recent presidential debate, the two candidates mingled with the audience. I could observed how people were scrambling to shake hands with them and some to get pictures taken with them. These were just candidates, not even presidents yet!

Just think about it! We are invited to a daily banquet with El-Elyon, the Highest Sovereign of the heavens and the earth, our loving Father, and His Son our Lord Jesus Christ with the Holy Spirit, all present! My, my! What a feast! But do we attend? Most of time we are so busy with worry, fear, vengeance, cares of this world, and we forget that in His presence, there is peace, joy, prosperity, rest and victory!
When I remembered that this morning, praised God even more. I started singing and dancing. All the cares I was carrying I handed over to Him! I am free, I am blessed, I am a child of God and I can enjoy His presence all the time.

John 14:23 "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him."

No comments: